What Types of Information Does Starbucks Collect?
Personal Information that may be collected by Starbucks may include:
• Name, your birthday, gender, postal address, phone number, and email address.
• Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
• If you create an account - your username, password, your city of birth, nationality and mobile phone number.
• If you buy goods at our stores or through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy, rewards you earn, and reward you redeem.
• If you register any Starbucks Card – the card number, card transactions, including activating the Starbucks Card, loading value to the Starbucks Card, redeeming any value, balance transfer, balance inquiries.
• If you use our mobile applications - information such as your device ID, your location and stores near you and visited by you may be collected.
• If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information, your comments, feedback, questions or suggestions, and information about subjects that may interest you.
Starbucks may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you. We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
How Does Starbucks Use Information About You?
Starbucks may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or with our Services. We may use information about you to:
• Process and manage your purchase and use of Starbucks products and services, including your accounts and program participation, your use of the Sites.
• Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
• Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receiv
through our programs.
• Communicate with you by post, telephone, email and SMS about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and you requests for information.
• Communicate with you by post, telephone, email and SMS about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
For data and personal information collected and received at www.starbucks.ph, we only store your data and personal information as long as your account is active in accordance with the foregoing purposes. Customer information will be disposed thirty-six (36) months from date of last transaction.
For data and personal information collected and received at www.meetmeatstarbucks.ph and www.starbucksfrappucino.ph, we only store your data and your personal information for a period of one year (12 months) in accordance with the foregoing purposes. After which, it will be disposed after one year (12 months).
Does Starbucks Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Starbucks shares your personal information in limited ways.
• We may share personal information about you with others with your consent.
• We may share information with Starbucks Corporation and its subsidiaries and licensees and our parent and other affiliated companies.
• We may also share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors or other payment services providers, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). These companies may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
• If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
• In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Starbucks may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What Choices Does Starbucks Offer About Personal Information?
Starbucks offers choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes or communicate any concern:
• Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
• Log in to your online account via either www.starbucks.ph/card or our mobile application, if you have one, to manage your contact information (e.g., SMS text, email and postal address) preferences and to update your personal information.
• Contact us at the information set forth at the end of this document.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
You can also request to be given a copy of your personal information through the contact information set forth at the end of this document.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Starbucks takes reasonable and appropriate steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Questions and Feedback